<$BlogRSDURL$>


I am a Yid. I like to rock. Veitur!

- [ Monday, June 27, 2005 ] -
 
Hack to fix Blogger bug

Blogger is still broken, with no word, yet, from any humans. There is no reference to this wide ranging issue on either Blogger Status or Known Issues.

I've been working on a couple different web pages, and I've been building my CSS skills recently. I did a search for the CSS clear property, and turned up with the answer. The hack is pretty easy. This is a temporary solution, making your code a little sloppier, and not a "fix." Only Blogger can fix the bug.

Add one of the following lines to your <style> section in the <head>:This, or a close variation, should work for most blogs. If you're having trouble, I may be able to give additional help. This code might have negative side-effects on your page if you use the CSS clear property for your layout.

UPDATE: Late Monday, I got an e-mail from a robot named "Andrea" telling me they're working on it. Blogger updated their status page, and posted a different hack to temporarily subdue the CSS demons released from the bowels of the Blogger machine. If one of my listed hacks didn't work, give the Blogger one a try.


Comments:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

We were having the same problem. Your patch worked, and I gave you credit.
 

Thnak you ...thank you ...thank you
 

Post a Comment