<$BlogRSDURL$>


I am a Yid. I like to rock. Veitur!

- [ Monday, May 16, 2005 ] -
 
My Victory Garden

or "How I Came to Love Dirt."

I've dreamed of growing my own vegetables for a while, and now that I have a condo with a porch that gets lots of sun, I can. I just planted my own little victory garden.

You can take a tour of what I have so far, but it's not much in the dark, when I finally finished planting the basics. Since my horizontal space on my 4.5' x 13' (approx.) concrete balcony is scarce, it doesn't make much sense to grow potatoes, onions or cucumbers.

I planted grape tomatoes, strawberries, hot peppers, and spices in small pots and hanging planters. I'll keep you updated on my progress.


Comments:
velvel, I saw on one of your pictured that someone named Moshe Semel took it. I was wondering if that would be the Moshe Semel I know. The one I know now lives in Israel, grew up in Brooklyn and spent a little time in Chacago (I think). Same guy?
 

I'd write you back, but I have no way to contact you.
 

Velv. You get your plants from Meinkes?

Nice.
 

Meinkes? No one ever told me about that. I have no idea what it is.

I got everything at Lowes.
 

Velvel

Gloves, my friend, gloves. I have been planting veggies for 19 years. Tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, peas, etc.

You'll kill your hands if you don't use gloves.

Nice stuff, though.
 

After spending all day with computers, sometimes I love dirt.
 

Post a Comment