<$BlogRSDURL$>


I am a Yid. I like to rock. Veitur!

- [ Tuesday, August 03, 2004 ] -
 
Stickers!
My wife usually has a difficult time surprising me. Not because she's not trying hard enough. It's just that I have a knack for finding things, whether I'm looking for them, or not.

For the past few weeks, she has been teasing me, telling me, "I've been working on something for you. Do you want to know what it is? What do you think it is?" It doesn't matter what I say because the answer is always, "Nope. I'm not telling....and don't go snooping!"

I was on my way out the door to shul on Shabbat morning, and I see the UPS package in the doorway. My wife was staying in that morning, and I had to stay and play twenty questions before she would let me leave. I wanted to go after a couple minutes and resume the game later, but she made me stay because she thought I would figure it out on the way, and she didn't want to miss my reaction.

As I'm sure you know from the title of this post, the box contained Farbrengiton stickers! She went on our computer at home, copied the whole Farbrengiton folder, mailed it to my uncle (who owns a company that puts corporate logos on corporate gifts and such) and worked out all the details with him and his artists. They're all shiny, and awesome, not like the kind you do yourself with a color printer. The stickers arrived just in time for distribution at the party.



I've been in several bands in my fun but anti-lucrative musical career. I've never been in a band with stickers. Ev├źn Sh'siyah has (or had-I don't know how much inventory is left) T-shirts from two different silk-screening runs. T-shirts are cool, and it's weird to spot people all over the world wearing them. But eventually, T-shirts die. Stickers are forever.

Stickers will be available at gigs, and from the various band members. I can't be troubled at this point to mail them out for a dollar, but maybe we will have extensive merchandising on the site sometime in the future.

I encourage to people to stick them wherever band stickers are stuck. Guitars, guitar cases, skateboards, rock clubs, and especially the change-baskets on toll-booths. Deface a public surface today!