<$BlogRSDURL$>


I am a Yid. I like to rock. Veitur!

- [ Monday, July 12, 2004 ] -
 
Shul in the Hip Neighborhood, II
I want to clear some things up about the last post. I'm glad it started so much conversation, as per my intentions. I just didn't want to cause as many ill feelings. Some other people commented on the original post, but the opinion that matters to me the most is Cara's. She is a good friend of mine and directly involved in this situation.

The overall greeting people got when they went to the shul that morning, was overwhelmingly, the usual, friendly Shabbat greeting. The obnoxious statements made to my friends who showed up were, by far, the minority sentiments. Most people side with the Rabbi on this one: if it's off shul property, you can do what you want. But it's the nasty comments that drove me to post about it at all.

I can say for a fact, that when I returned to shul that afternoon for mincha, we were received with open arms. People didn't look at us twice for where we davened that morning. We were not put in cherem. In fact, I ended up leading davening.

As far as I know, there was no blowback from the minyan at shul this past Shabbat.

These are my feelings about the situation: