<$BlogRSDURL$>


I am a Yid. I like to rock. Veitur!

- [ Tuesday, May 11, 2004 ] -
 
Lag B'Omer, Band #3:
The Piamenta Band

The Moshe Skier Band was truly excellent. If I would have gone home after only seeing the MSB, dayenu.

The Piamenta Band just blew me away. The band was so tight. The bassist always played the perfect note. The keyboardist was a dynamo. The drummer drove the band as he and the bassist played as one. Yossi had such a presence. The music just flowed out of him. Maybe it was all the Tehillim he was saying before the show. And Moni, Yossi's son and backup singer, was competent. He really just looked happy to be there. The show was phenomenal. The energy felt really good there, the whole night.

This set was only six songs. Only half the amount of songs as the last band. This band is very much a full-blown jam-band. Unlike some other jam-bands, the set list was also pretty much the same as all the taped shows I heard from this year, as well as their new "Live: New York City Performance" CD. But each performance was different enough that I'm pretty sure I can listen to all the recordings a few more times. But I would still go see them live every night, if I could.

Unfortunately, their set started really late and the show felt a little short at around 45-50 minutes.

The Yossi Piamenta Band is a force of nature that has to be experienced live.

Set List:
  1. Od Yishamah
  2. Baruch Ata
  3. Ve-Hoo Rachum
  4. Agadelcha
  5. Red House
  6. Shlichei Mitzvah

UPDATE (6/9/04): Listen to the show for yourself.