<$BlogRSDURL$>


I am a Yid. I like to rock. Veitur!

- [ Friday, March 05, 2004 ] -
 
I saw an accident tonight.
On my way home from practice tonight, on Lake Shore Drive, between Wilson and Montrose, I saw an accident scene. It must have been somewhere between 30 seconds and five minutes after the fact. It was raining very hard and there were very few cars on the road. I saw the cars that were ahead of me, way in the distance, put on their brakes and slowed down. As I approached, it looked like a big, dark mass sitting in a cloud of mist. I saw brake lights in the mass but no headlights. As I passed, I could see it was a dark SUV that had it's whole front end smashed in. Both front tires were out and the bumper was swinging way off to the side. There was debris on the left two lanes (lucky I was cruising the lane all the way on the right). And as I pulled away, I could see the SUV in my mirror, cutting slowly across the Drive to the right side to get off the road. I was glad my exit was next.



Comments:
Post a Comment