<$BlogRSDURL$>


I am a Yid. I like to rock. Veitur!

- [ Friday, February 13, 2004 ] -
 
Jewish Music Advertising
It is the norm in the Jewish-pop (or "Hassidisco") industry to overhype albums and performances and generally misrepresent themselves in a way that's so absurd it's comical.

I signed on for the duty of preparing a poster for a full-scale Jewish music fundraiser. My buddy, the rockin' Moroccan, recommended me for the job, and I gladly accepted it without thinking twice.

This is the first time I have ever done a poster for this style of music. The real problem I have, is that I can't compare this poster to anything. I can't recall ever seeing a tasteful poster for Jewish-pop. For some reason, the production standards for Jewish publications are far below that of the general population. Some examples are, too many clashing fonts on one page, cheesy picture-frame borders, or pictures blown up far beyond their resolution (so you can see the little square, jagged things called pixels). And an overall cheesy quality that can be more difficult to qualify.

I stayed up extra late (I also started extra late) last night to work on this first draft (bandwidth warning: big jpeg file is 426.14 Kb). I'm sure the organizers were planning on telling me the correct spelling for their star's name eventually. I can fix the final draft after my five bosses get back to me.


Comments:
Post a Comment